Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Life of my Living Room

This August marks the third anniversary living at our present address. Three years doesn't seem like that long but I've already painted the main floor twice. Our living room has seen the most changes. It really has had a life of it's own. It's gone from Contractors Beige to Benjamin Moore's Sundried Tomato to Benjamin Moore's Dune White. With each redesign I find myself wondering what was I thinking with the previous one? The present 'look' with it's punchy hits of lemon yellow is clean and simple - I just love it. This one might be around for a bit...or until the urge to change things up hits me again.

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

I'm always partial to the ones with your Vizslas in them!! But I am intrigued by what you've done. I like the bottom 3 for different reasons but am also liking the one with the lemon yellow. I should get you to do the colour for our family room. After 20 years (!), we are finally choosing new colours. I don't think I'd have the entry to repaint every few years but you go girl!!

Sylvia said...

I meant, "energy", not entry.

The Wee Lass said...

I'm a sucker for white interiors, so the third one is heavenly to me!

Lauren said...

Karen, are you living in a subdivision home? I'm on the hunt to buy a place in Oshawa, but am wary of the cookie-cutter homes. My boyfriend is a construction manager so renovations aren't an issue. If this is what a subdivision home can turn out to look like with a little work, then count me in!