Friday, November 27, 2009

MOSAICWORKS on Citytv's Breakfast Television

Samantha Pynn of HGTV's Pure Design was on Citytv's Breakfast Television this morning talking with BT co-host Dina Pugliese about some of the local artists that have been featured on Pure Design.
I was happy to see that my 'Gold Bling' mirror was shown. It's 31" in diameter and made with gold plumbing chain, brass hex nuts, brass flat slot screws, gold acrylic beads & gold crystal rhinestone.
As an Artist I feel very lucky that I get to do what I love to do. That's the easy part. The hard part is getting what I do 'out there' and seen. Marketing and Distribution, not so much something that I love to do. The artist person must shift over to the business person. For many a tricky shift to make. So a little help along the way is always welcome!
Thank you Samantha Pynn (again) and the Pure Design people for making 'the hard part' a whole lot easier!
Check out Julia Black's blog. Julia is the design assistant on Pure Design. Yesterday she wrote a lovely piece called 'artisan appreciation'.
Thank you Julia Black. It's nice to be appreciated and even better to be a part of such a diverse and talented group of Canadian Artists.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To repeat BT's Dina Pugliese's comment, your Gold Bling mirror is a "showpiece". I can picture it in so many places in a home - vestibule, bathroom, bedroom, over a fireplace. A beautiful art piece that is also practical.

Anonymous said...

I love your work, you are a talented artist. Keep doing what you are doing.