Thursday, April 21, 2011

So Pretty in Pink!




I thought I'd try making my Pencil Mirror in a different colour...
I found these stunning pink pencils online and had them 'personalized'. A great colour and a great message (ARS GRATIA ARTIS, latin for 'art for the sake of art') made for a fabulous new mirror. Which in turn gave our living room a fabulous new look.
The Pink Pencil Mirror is 40.25" in diameter and made with hand cut pink vitreous glass tiles, pink glass seed beads, chain rhinestone and 226 very pink pencils!

15 comments:

Mel said...

I think this is my new favourite!

Stunning!

Karen J said...

Thanks Mel!
I was thinking the same thing.

M said...

A real 'uplifter' - brings a smile.
I'm always impressed how colour can create such dramatic changes.

B said...

Photography looks great it compliments your art,
way to go.
B

Sue said...

WOW!!

Jill said...

Stunning, absolutely stunning. Love the touch of personalization too.

Joyce@canadianoriginals.net said...

This mirror is a real beauty Karen. Can't wait to see the other colours you come up with.

ChrisToronto said...

Very, very 1212. Great work!

Karen said...

Absolutely gorgeous & makes your living room awesome. Great job!

Karen J said...

Thanks Karen!

Stephanie said...

This whole room is stunning. I love the creativity you used on this mirror. Pinned it.

Samantha said...

Very cool. Awesome room, too.

Karen J said...

Thanks Bromeliad!

KristenK said...

WOW!!! one of the best mirrors I've seen in - like, ever!!!

Anonymous said...

Searching Pinterest for pink mirror inspiration I found you and this genius creation. Such a clever design / designer :) Great room styling too.

Robin @ happilyhomeafter.blogspot.com