Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mosaicworks now at 1212

Since Elliott & Ward closed in February I've been busy looking for another store in Toronto to carry my work.
I'm very pleased to say that I'll be looking no more. My mirrors are now available at a store called 1212 which opened October of 2009.
I first read about 1212 in the April issue of Canadian House & Home (Style Files pg.30) and then in a styleNorth post (thanks again Chris!). After visiting the store, which is located between the Summerhill and Rosedale subway stations, I was convinced that 'it' was the one. Their showroom is huge (8500 square feet) and full of inspirational vignettes that are brilliantly styled with wonderful splashes of colour and glamour.

“If you’re looking for beige, this is not the place to come. Our focus is on classic design but with an edge. We always emphasize colour and pattern, as well as a mix of modern and antique furnishings. The luxe factor is very important to us” Store owner Alex Donovan, styleNorth.

1212 is a good fit for my work and my work is a good fit for 1212.
Thanks Alex and Morley, I'm looking forward to working with you.

No comments: