Friday, July 15, 2011

My Perfect Birthday Breakfast


What to do with lots of fresh picked Ontario Strawberries?...
Crumbles/Cobblers (of any kind) are one of my favourite desserts. My perfect Crumble is served cold, with not too much sugar in the fruit (tart is good) and a little extra crumble on top (to counter the tart).
This Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble recipe is from Closet Cooking. I put my stamp on it by adding 1/2 more of the crumble stuff then what was called for:)
Served first thing in the morning with a freshly brewed cup of coffee and you've got yourself a breakfast for Champions or even better (since today is my birthday) the perfect Birthday Breakfast!
The real celebrations begin with a dinner, tomorrow night, in New York City. That's right NYC. Why NYC? because it's MY Birthday;)

3 comments:

Sue said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Your Strawberry Rhubarb looks DELICIOUS, what a nice way to start the day. Have a fun birthday and a great time in NYC.

M said...

Happy birthday. Strawberry crumble sounds/looks delicious.
Enjoy NYC - I think it's your kind of city.

Sylvia said...

A belated Happy Birthday & I KNOW you're having a fabulous time in NYC. Who could NOT have a great time there! See you when you're back. Hee, hee.