Sunday, May 29, 2011

Emma's Bedroom Makeover

I have a thing for Before and Afters. I love looking at them and I love doing them. After Emma saw Hannah's bedroom makeover she asked if we could do her room. Not that there was anything wrong with her room. It just needed a little freshening up.
It all started with the colour choice - turquoise, with more blue then green in it. And that's how we went from pretty in Paris to happy in The Hamptons.

That's Alice. She's been around for a long time. The odds are good that she'll be around long after we tire of The Hamptons;)
Paint: Benjamin Moore, Tranquil Blue 
Ceiling light: Ikea
White lamps: HomeSense
Mirrors: Mosaicworks
Wicker chair: Pulled out of a trash bin (Emma's idea) a couple of summers ago (she's my girl!:)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow the colours- I like the monkey,
good touch! H

M said...

That is beautiful - a room fit for a princess ... and a gifted student ... and an athlete ... and a musician ... not to mention a lovely person.
Hell, I'd love to sleep there.

Sue said...

Love Emma's room, great colour, fun light!

ChrisToronto said...

I love the way that flower fixture creates instant wallpaper. So serene.

Karen J said...

Chris - I love it too. You should see it a night time. It's wonderful:)

Stacie said...

That light fixture is amazing! Just like Chris said, instant wallpaper. Did you make that? Or do you might sharing where it came from? I'm dying to get my hands on one! :) p.s. I just found your site and I'm in love. Thanks for sharing your talents!

Karen J said...

Hi Stacie,
Should be easy to get your hands on it. It's from Ikea!

Stacie said...

Thank you Karen!